Good question, here are some tips on how to store your box;
- Keep the box store in a cool dry place out of direct sunlight
- Box should be stored either;
- On it's base on the ground. If doing this, we'd suggest putting couple 2x4 under it to keep the mounting hardware from resting on the ground.
- Mounted flat to a wall. While we don't offer a wall mounting kit for storage, it's an easy DIY project using threaded pipe available at most hardware stores, for an example design see the attached, for examples of type of pipe and fittings click here.
You should not store the box by;
- Storing in the direct sun or where temperatures can get either very warm or very cold- The UV can damage the box. High temperatures could cause warping of the box. Cold temperatures can cause the box to become brittle and crack.
- Store on the end or side - This can cause damage to the end or sides of the box. Leaning against a wall presents a risk of the the box falling which can damaging the box or injuring someone.
If yo have additional questions please contact us here, or by calling customer support at 888-925-4621 M-F from 7 to 4 PT