There are several options for custom installations:
Option 1: Install a set of Yakima tracks, which utilize the SkyLine Tower and Landing Pad 1. This option allows for adjustment of the cross bar spread for various loads. Tracks with PlusNuts are used on sheet metal applications, and tracks with CapNuts are used on fiber glass applications
Option 2: For sheet metal applications you can use the Landing Pad 7 directly to your roof along with the SkyLine Tower. This is a fixed point application meaning that the crossbar spread is fixed, so understand what spread you need before drilling. Please note the Landing Pad 7 is only rated to 100lbs.
Option 3: For Fiber glass applications you can use the Landing Pad 6, along with the SkyLine Tower. This is a fixed point application meaning that the crossbar spread is fixed, so understand what spread you need before drilling.
Option 4: Landing Pad 21 along with the SkyLine Tower is application is for vehicles with ditch molding (see image for example of ditch molding), . This is a fixed point application, meaning that the crossbar spread is fixed, so understand what spread you need before drilling. This application and has our highest weight rating at 220 lbs.
If you decide to install a custom rack, it is a good idea to contact your auto dealer, if possible, to ask them about the integrity of the roof (weight, capacity etc.) for your purposes.
We no longer do custom installation testing so, unfortunately, we do not have any specific information regarding your vehicle. We recommend following these general guidelines:
• If you don't feel comfortable drilling into the roof of your vehicle, consult a professional. A body shop or experienced rack installer should be able to assist.
• Contact vehicle manufacturer to see if they have any information on roof construction.
• Avoid drilling in spots where there may be interference with wiring, sun roof, air bag or air conditioning units.
• Avoid drilling where roof braces are.
• Drop the headliner of the vehicle (if possible) to find best location for tracks and drill holes.