There are a couple of approaches to custom installations:
Install a set of Yakima tracks, which utilize the SkyLine Tower and Landing Pad 1. Or you could install the Landing Pad 7directly to your roof, sheet metal applications, or the Landing Pad 6, for fiber glass applications, in a fixed position. The tracks are more expensive but have the ability to be adjusted, whereas the Landing Pads 6 and 7 are fixed in one place. Please note the Landing Pad 7 is only rated to 100lbs.
If you decide to install a custom rack, it is a good idea to contact your dealer, if possible, to ask them about the integrity of the roof (weight, capacity etc.) for your purposes.
We no longer do custom installation testing so, unfortunately, we do not have any specific information regarding your vehicle. We recommend following these general guidelines:
• If you don't feel comfortable drilling into the roof of your vehicle, consult a professional. A body shop or experienced rack installer should be able to assist.
• Contact vehicle manufacturer to see if they have any information on roof construction.
• Avoid drilling in spots where there may be interference with wiring, sun roof, air bag or air conditioning units.
• Avoid drilling where roof braces are.
• Drop the headliner of the vehicle (if possible) to find best location for tracks and drill holes.
More questions? Drop us a line here, or give us a call at 888-925-4621 M-F from 7 to 4 PT.