Our cargo boxes will fit most factory cross bars, fitting the bar is only part of the equation. There are several reasons why we may not recommend using a cargo box with your factory crossbars. Some examples include:
- The crossbars may be too low to the roof for our mounting hardware to clear which may cause some scratching
- The crossbars (or mounting points) may sag or incur damage from the weight of the box and your gear
- If the crossbars are curved, gaps between the bottom and the top may occur which can cause the box to fly open on the road.
- Crossbar spread (distance from the front to the rear bar) is too narrow or too wide. Below are the minimum and maximum distance for each box.
- RocketBox Pro 12 - 24-32"
- ShowCase 15 - 24-34"
- Skybox 16 - 24-36"
- Showcase 20 / RocketBox Pro 11/14 - 24-40"
- SkyBox 12, 18,21 & LoPro - 24 -42"
To see if if any of our boxes are options for your vehicle's factory rack please check Fit My Car and enter your vehicle information.
Hatch contact is a concern for many users, this is not considered when we call a box as fit, as it doesn't impact the safe attachment of the box to the cross bars. If you are concerned with possibility of hatch contact there are a few simple measurements you can take to determine if there may be any interference with the cargo box when your hatch is open. Click here to see how to make the measurements.
Still have questions? You can contact us here, or by calling 888-925-4621 M-F from 7 to 4 PT