Some folks like the aerodynamic look and manageability of a fork mount. Some folks do not want the hassle of removing the bike's front wheel and prefer an upright rack.
A few things to keep in mind when deciding between a fork or an upright mount.
1) Forks must have safety tabs, not sure what these are, or if your forks have them, click here for images.
2) Carbon forks are safe to use with fork mounts.
4) Most of our fork mounts are designed to work with stand 100 mm spaced forks and 9 mm axles. Oversize front axles, and wide spaced forks will require the use of a fork adapter. The exception is the HighSpeed which will work 9,12,15 and 20 mm Thru Axles and Fat Bikes with optional Fat Bike Adapter PN 802120
5) Some fenders and front racks can interfere with the bike mount and may require that you try mounting the bike before purchasing.
1) Will work with almost any type of bike.
2) Accessories such as full fenders and front racks will interfere with the use of upright bike mounts that capture the front wheel.
Still not sure which way to go? Give our support team a shout here, or by calling 888-925-4621 M-F from 7 to 4 PT.