Sorry to hear that you have lost your keys, please see the information below on the steps to take to recover your key number and order replacements.
If the lock is unlocked:
- You will just need to use a "Control Key", uncut key, to remove the lock core and get the core / Key number from side of the core, see image below. If you no longer have a Control Key, check with your local Yakima dealer or click here to purchase one.
- Once the core is removed, the SKS key code will be on the side or back of the lock core. The code starts with the letter "A" followed by three numbers. Once you have this code, you can order keys from your local dealer or online.
- The attached instructions show how to install the lock cores, to remove them using the Control key, the process is the same, just in reverse
If the lock is locked:
- If you registered your rack and lock number let us know and we can lookup your registration
- If you did not register the lock number you will need to get a locksmith to pick the lock. Once it is unlocked, you will need to use the straight edged "Control Key" (the uncut key) that came with your locks to remove the lock core.
- Check with a local dealer to see if they have a master set of keys they will allow you to use.
**** Do not attempt to drill out your locks, doing so will likely damage your product and will void your warranty ***
SKS keys are $4.95 each and cores are $13.20 each.
Non-SKS Keys:Used in products prior to 1993
If there is a number on the lock face by the keyhole that starts with a "0", then you have the older non-SKS locks. This number is your key number and you can order a replacement here the part number is 88730XX, the X is the last two numbers on your lock, example an 050 lock would be part number 8873050.
Non-SKS keys are $6.05 each (we do not have non-SKS cores available).